-   -   card reader (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/478997-card-reader.html)

Verde Denim 01-20-2011 03:36 PM

card reader

All
I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (64-bit) on a Dell 830 that has a 02Micro card reader.
I have virtualbox 3.2.12 running an xp (32 bit) guest. In the usb devices tray icon I can see this as O2Micro CCID SC Reader [0110],

but the selection is grey (not selectable).
I do have the reader app installed from my office (which does work on a native environment).
On the host, running pcsc_scan shows the reader correctly, and does detect when my card is inserted and removed.

I must be missing something as to why this selection is not available in the guest.
Any input is appreciated.

Jack

James Tappin 01-20-2011 05:24 PM

card reader

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:36:04 -0500
Verde Denim <tdldev@gmail.com> wrote:

VD> I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 (64-bit) on a Dell 830 that has a 02Micro card
VD> reader.
VD> I have virtualbox 3.2.12 running an xp (32 bit) guest. In the usb devices
VD> tray icon I can see this as O2Micro CCID SC Reader [0110],
VD> but the selection is grey (not selectable).
VD> I do have the reader app installed from my office (which does work on a
VD> native environment).
VD> On the host, running pcsc_scan shows the reader correctly, and does detect
VD> when my card is inserted and removed.
VD> I must be missing something as to why this selection is not available in the
VD> guest.
VD> Any input is appreciated.

IIRC, USB is disabled in the free version of virtualbox.