Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Bond

Default using kismet in Ubuntu

I installed kismet on my system as
aptitude install kismet.
But when I run kismet I do not find any ncurses sort of interface as I
expect give here
http://openmaniak.com/kismet_conf.php

and this is the error I get

kismet
Launching kismet_server: //usr/bin/kismet_server
Suid priv-dropping disabled. This may not be secure.
No specific sources given to be enabled, all will be enabled.
Non-RFMon VAPs will be destroyed on multi-vap interfaces (ie, madwifi-ng)
Enabling channel hopping.
Enabling channel splitting.
NOTICE: Disabling channel hopping, no enabled sources are able to
change channel.
Source 0 (addme): Opening none source interface none...
FATAL: Please configure at least one packet source. Kismet will not
function if no packet sources are defined in kismet.conf or on the
command line. Please read the README for more information about
configuring Kismet.
Kismet exiting.
Done.

So what could be the problem?