Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Christopher Anderson

Default Need graphics memory tweak for GMA500 (Paulsbo)

Hi folks,
I'm writing a commercial 3D application for an embedded Intel Atom z530 with the Intel GMA 500 (Paulsbo) graphics chip. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on the box with the Tungsten Graphics "Gallium" driver.

My problem is that I seem to only have access to about 128 MB of graphics memory (for textures, display lists, etc). I created a test that allocates approximately 1MB sized textures, and I get opengl out of memory errors after about 118 are created.

I'm trying to find a way to increase the available memory for graphics. My box has about 1GB of system RAM. I looked at the BIOS and only found a setting for the AGP aperture (not sure what that is). It is set to 256MB (the other option is 128MB).

I also tried this suggestion: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsVideoCardsPoulsbo#Memory allocation optimization

However, it did not seem to help.
I am at my wits end with this. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
BTW: I'm not sure if this is exactly the right mailing list. If not, please direct me to a better one.

Thanks,Chris Anderson