Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
"K. Frank"

Default Ping doesn't work in "Network Tools"?

Hello All -

Bill Stanley pointed out in another thread:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2011-January/238403.html

that "using system/administration/network_tools on my
desktop ping doesn't work."

I see the same thing. "ping 4.2.2.2" from a terminal
works just fine, but running ping from Network Tools
for 4.2.2.2 gives "Successful packets: 0%".

So, yes Bill, it doesn't work for me, either.

Does anybody know what's going on? is Network Tools
just broken?

Thanks.

K. Frank

Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Alan Pope

On 19 January 2011 22:24, K. Frank <kfrank29.b@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All -
>
> Bill Stanley pointed out in another thread:
>
> * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2011-January/238403.html
>
> that "using system/administration/network_tools on my
> desktop ping doesn't work."

Known bug. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-nettool/+bug/663014

Cheers,
Al.