-   -   Disable Nautilus thumbnails (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/478671-disable-nautilus-thumbnails.html)

Andy Graybeal 01-19-2011 09:22 PM

Disable Nautilus thumbnails

How do I prevent Nautilus from displaying thumbnails? Instead just show
an icon for the type of file.

-Andy

"Cybe R. Wizard" 01-19-2011 09:27 PM

Disable Nautilus thumbnails

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:22:54 -0500
Andy Graybeal <andy.graybeal@casanueva.com> wrote:

> How do I prevent Nautilus from displaying thumbnails? Instead just
> show an icon for the type of file.
>
> -Andy

System>Preferences>File Management
Preview tab> select, "never"

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Tony Pursell 01-19-2011 09:28 PM

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 17:22 -0500, Andy Graybeal wrote:
> How do I prevent Nautilus from displaying thumbnails? Instead just show
> an icon for the type of file.
>
> -Andy

In File Browser, Edit > Preferences, set what you want on the Preview
tab.

Tony

"Cybe R. Wizard" 01-20-2011 02:29 PM

Disable Nautilus thumbnails

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:22:54 -0500
Andy Graybeal <andy.graybeal@casanueva.com> wrote:

> How do I prevent Nautilus from displaying thumbnails? Instead just
> show an icon for the type of file.
>
> -Andy

You've already been given two solutions. Here's a third:
open gconf-editor (enter, "gconf-editor," in a terminal), navigate to,
"Apps> Nautilus," and, where it says, "default_folder_viewer," enter,
"icon_view."
The little windowlet at the bottom will list other optional views.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Andy Graybeal 01-20-2011 02:47 PM

On 01/20/2011 10:29 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:22:54 -0500
Andy Graybeal<andy.graybeal@casanueva.com> wrote:

How do I prevent Nautilus from displaying thumbnails? Instead just
show an icon for the type of file.

-Andy

You've already been given two solutions. Here's a third:
open gconf-editor (enter, "gconf-editor," in a terminal), navigate to,
"Apps> Nautilus," and, where it says, "default_folder_viewer," enter,
"icon_view."
The little windowlet at the bottom will list other optional views.

Cybe R. Wizard

Solutions abound. Thanks again Cybey.

-Andy