Old 01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
shantanu pavgi

Default ufw syntax errors

Hi,
I am trying to configure firewall using ufw and getting following errors:*{{{bitnami@linux:~$ sudo ufw insert 1 allow from 10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0 to tcp port 22
ERROR: Bad destination addressbitnami@linux:~$ sudo ufw allow port 22ERROR: Need 'to' or 'from' clause}}}
I am not sure what mistake I did in above command, but clearly I am missing something in the syntax with from/to/port.*

I ended up using iptables commands to add desired rule.*{{{bitnami@linux:~$ sudo iptables -A INPUT -m tcp -p tcp -s 10.0.0.0/16 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT*
bitnami@linux:~$ sudo /sbin/iptables-save*}}}
Any help with ufw syntax will be really helpful.*
--Thanks,Shantanu.