Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Albert Wagner

Default Help...I have no panels - resolved(knock on wood)

On 01/19/2011 12:41 PM, Albert Wagner wrote:
After installing this mornings latest updates from Ubuntu, a restart
was requested. When the system rebooted, it had no panels. I
cntl-alt-deleted, then selected the failsafe option. I now have a
somewhat smaller image still without panels. FWIW, I was messing
around with Seahorse, keyrings et al yesterday. What could I have
possibly done to cause the loss of panels in both normal and failsafe
modes.

Alt-F2 did not work
Only context menu worked, so I created a folder, then right clicked on
folder and selected open with gnome-terminal.

In terminal:
killall gnome-panel
gnome-panel
sudo apt-get install gnome-panel
sudo shutdown -r now

On reboot it could not restore the Force Quit Button, so I re-added it
in the panel context menu.

I still would like to know how the panels were deleted.