Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   Help...I have no panels (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/478584-help-i-have-no-panels.html)

Albert Wagner 01-19-2011 05:41 PM

Help...I have no panels
 
After installing this mornings latest updates from Ubuntu, a restart was
requested. When the system rebooted, it had no panels. I
cntl-alt-deleted, then selected the failsafe option. I now have a
somewhat smaller image still without panels. FWIW, I was messing around
with Seahorse, keyrings et al yesterday. What could I have possibly
done to cause the loss of panels in both normal and failsafe modes.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Jacob Mansfield 01-19-2011 08:37 PM

Help...I have no panels
 
On 19/01/11 18:41, Albert Wagner wrote:
> After installing this mornings latest updates from Ubuntu, a restart
> was requested. When the system rebooted, it had no panels. I
> cntl-alt-deleted, then selected the failsafe option. I now have a
> somewhat smaller image still without panels. FWIW, I was messing
> around with Seahorse, keyrings et al yesterday. What could I have
> possibly done to cause the loss of panels in both normal and failsafe
> modes.
>
are the title bars on open windows there?

--
Jacob Mansfield
Programmer

import disclaimer from email


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Albert Wagner 01-19-2011 10:24 PM

Help...I have no panels
 
On 01/19/2011 03:37 PM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

On 19/01/11 18:41, Albert Wagner wrote:

After installing this mornings latest updates from Ubuntu, a restart
was requested. When the system rebooted, it had no panels. I
cntl-alt-deleted, then selected the failsafe option. I now have a
somewhat smaller image still without panels. FWIW, I was messing
around with Seahorse, keyrings et al yesterday. What could I have
possibly done to cause the loss of panels in both normal and failsafe
modes.


are the title bars on open windows there?

Sorry, Jacob. I don't understand. There were no open windows, only the
background.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

MR ZenWiz 01-19-2011 10:42 PM

Help...I have no panels
 
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Albert Wagner <albertwagner@cox.net> wrote:
> On 01/19/2011 03:37 PM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
>>
>> are the title bars on open windows there?
>>
> Sorry, Jacob. *I don't understand. *There were no open windows, only the
> background.
>
I think he meant on windows that you open....

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Albert Wagner 01-20-2011 12:50 AM

Help...I have no panels
 
On 01/19/2011 05:42 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Albert Wagner<albertwagner@cox.net> wrote:

On 01/19/2011 03:37 PM, Jacob Mansfield wrote:

are the title bars on open windows there?


Sorry, Jacob. I don't understand. There were no open windows, only the
background.


I think he meant on windows that you open....


Nothing odd caught my eye, but honestly, I just don't remember for sure.

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.