Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Enrique Becerra

Default Computer freezes when gdm shows

Hi
I was browsing some days ago and then PC suddenly reset. When
rebooted, all went fine until gdm begun showing. Then keyboard and
mouse became frozen.
- Can't press any key or move the mouse
- Keyb and mouse work fine because the PC has dual boot with WinXP and
they work fine in WinXP
- all my grub entries (recovery mode, older kernels) don't work, they freeze

.xsession-errors
http://pastebin.com/GVtneEAF

xorg.0.log
http://pastebin.com/yw4x0ArX

If anyone can detect the cause, how could I...

- reinstall/repair xserve and/or gdm using my livecd? (if that would
solve the problem)
or
- tell me how to repair the installation without loosing any data in
/home/me and without damaging WinXP install

Thanks a lot in advance