Old 01-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Basil Chupin

Default Firefox4 Beta plugins (again)

On 20/01/2011 08:36, Ric Moore wrote:

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 15:46 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 19/01/2011 14:30, NoOp wrote:

On 01/17/2011 03:52 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:

On Sunday the 16th Goh Lip was kind enough to give me some instructions
on how to get plugins recognized in the Firefox4 beta. I did what he
suggested but they still don't appear in aboutlugins. I think the
problem was I didn't install it where he assumed I did and I then got
the symlink wrong.

I am using Maverick amd64 and I downloaded the tar file from the mozilla
site and extracted it to my home directory. So it is at
/home/jfb/firefox. The Canonical version is in it's default location.

Could someone post the command to create the symlink needed given this info?

No symlink is required or should be used:

"He walks! He talks! He's back!" :-)

Good to see you back here.

(Now I've got somebody to tell me off again! :-D .)

<sniffs> I thought I was good for that. Ric

I didn't think that it was necessary to state this as it was so obvious
but, yes, you are NoOp's co-pilot in such circumstances when they arise.

(Feel better now? :-) )

BC

--
"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge."
Confucius