Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default I'm worried - where is NoOp?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:

On 18/01/2011 00:46, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:08:38 +1100

Basil Chupin<blchupin@iinet.net.au> *wrote:

As the Subject states, what's happened to NoOp?

Haven't seen a post from him for weeks.

Is he OK and simply on holidays?

Anyone know?

BC

His last post here on Dec. 23, 2010 included this:

------

Note to the folks that feel that I've yet to 'reach adulthood'

(Jousting? Really?) I'm happy to report that I have not. Wish all of you

the best and have a great time on this list as I'm signing off. Good

night, good luck with the list, and Happy Holidays.

------

To me that looks like a final goodbye. *I sent him a personal email

asking about that and got back a very non-committal 'happy new

year' response. *I fear he is gone from here. *I hope I'm wrong.

Cybe R. Wizard

Ah...I missed that posting of his and thanks for quoting it - it explains why he hasn't been posting here.

And other messages from others here state that, thankfully, he hasn't been run over by a bus or something and is posting elsewhere :-) .

All the very best to him.
*
He's not all that gone.* He just gave me some great advice on one of my threads here about .ICEAuthority.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Robert Holtzman

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:36:42AM -0800, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

.........snip..........

> Ah...I missed that posting of his and thanks for quoting it - it explains
> why he hasn't been posting here.
>
> And other messages from others here state that, thankfully, he hasn't been
> run over by a bus or something and is posting elsewhere :-) .
>
> All the very best to him.
>

> *
> He's not all that gone.* He just gave me some great advice on one of my threads
> here about .ICEAuthority.

He posted today on the libreoffice-users list.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279

Old 01-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 00:57, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
>> He's not all that gone.* He just gave me some great advice on one of my threads
>> here about .ICEAuthority.
>
> He posted today on the libreoffice-users list.

Wow, Gary is the Ubuntu Jesus! Just imagine what he will think when he
finds this thread.

NoOp, we love you!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 01-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 15:42 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 00:57, Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net> wrote:
> >> He's not all that gone. He just gave me some great advice on one of my threads
> >> here about .ICEAuthority.
> >
> > He posted today on the libreoffice-users list.
> >

> Wow, Gary is the Ubuntu Jesus! Just imagine what he will think when he
> finds this thread.

He's not missing, I found him hiding behind the couch. NoOp that is, not
Jesus. <chuckles> Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 01-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Nolan

He's not all that gone.* He just gave me some great advice on
one of my threads here about .ICEAuthority.

--

Kevin O'Gorman, PhD

Kevin..

Did NoOp's* advice solve your problem?

I too had a situation very much like yours, and I solved it by
deleting the .ICEauthority file and

letting it rebuild on a new login.

Nolan