-   -   would latest OS be compatible with older Hardware? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/477536-would-latest-os-compatible-older-hardware.html)

Parshwa Murdia 01-17-2011 09:21 AM

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:

> You can find it at <http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04.1/>.

But that is not the torrent link for Desktop LTS U 10.04
Parshwa Murdia

Parshwa Murdia 01-17-2011 09:22 AM

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Parshwa Murdia <ubuntu.bkn@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can find it at <http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04.1/>.
>
> But that is not the torrent link for Desktop LTS U 10.04

Correction: It is there at the bottom, my net connection got some problem.
Parshwa Murdia

Parshwa Murdia 01-17-2011 09:25 AM

would latest OS be compatible with older Hardware?

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Nils Kassube <kassube@gmx.net> wrote:

> You can find it at <http://releases.ubuntu.com/10.04.1/>.

By what time, it would be supported? Upto 2013 or more?
Parshwa Murdia

Lucio M Nicolosi 01-17-2011 09:28 AM

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
GNU-Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/

"Cybe R. Wizard" 01-17-2011 12:35 PM

would latest OS be compatible with older Hardware?

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:12:27 +0000 (UTC)
Robert Spanjaard <spamtrap@arumes.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 01:49:00 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>
> >> First thing is that I am not from the IT field but need a Linux
> >> distro. Secondly, I am not having the cutting edge technology or
> >> cutting edge hardware, I am having only one PC with 2 GB of Ram
> >> and a hard-disk, connected with a key board and a non-USB mouse
> >> and a printer connected via Windows.
> >>
> >> Now, what I want to ask is that if I can install the cutting edge
> >> OS in this Hardware which is not cutting edge? Would it be support
> >> or does it actually depending upon the hardware to whether accept
> >> the same or not.
> >
> > Had you given even a hint as to just what your system contained we
> > might be able to help. If you are running a 286 the odds are that
> > you won't get anything to run on it.
>
> And what are the odds on encountering a 286 with 2 GB RAM?

That was, of course, simply by way of illustration, not a real-life
supposition.

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs