Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Nicolas Calderon

Default Screen blanks on lid close, never comes back

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 18 January 2011 21:38, Nicolas Calderon
> <nicolas.calderon.asselin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> I will look at those logs when I get home. I did look at some logs
>> though. My Xorg log was posted in my orignial message.
>
> Sorry, I missed that. *Do any of these look like they might apply?
>
> https://launchpad.net/+search?field.text=%28EE%29+FBDEV%280%29%3A+FBIOPU TCMAP%3A+Invalid+argument+intel&field.actions.sear ch=Search
>
> Colin
>

>> Switching to a tty ( Ctrl Alt F1) does not fix the issue. Sysreq
>> (alt-sysreq-k) either. If I want to restart softly, I just ssh and
>> sudo shutdown -r now.

As far as system logs go, watch "ls -lt /var/log/ | head" is
excruciatingly boring when I reproduce the problem. Nothing is logged.

For the bugs, they do look like they might apply as far as getting rid
of the Xorg error goes (FBPUTCHAR or something), but none of them
relate to screen blanking. I thus consider it to be unrelated.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 AM
Nicolas Calderon

I spent some more time on #ubuntu tonight and found another interesting post:*http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=358432
Unfortunately, the solution doesn't work. I'm thinking that might rule out whatever vbetool acts uppon.

--
Nicolas Calderon

Old 01-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Colin Law

On 19 January 2011 03:10, Nicolas Calderon
<nicolas.calderon.asselin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I spent some more time on #ubuntu tonight and found another interesting
> post:*http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=358432
> Unfortunately, the solution doesn't work. I'm thinking that might rule out
> whatever vbetool acts uppon.

I think maybe the best thing would be to report a bug. In the
meantime avoid closing the lid while running

Colin

Old 01-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Nicolas Calderon

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 19 January 2011 16:18, Nicolas Calderon
> <nicolas.calderon.asselin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think maybe the best thing would be to report a bug. *In the
>>> meantime avoid closing the lid while running
>>>
>>> Colin
>>>

>> I wrote on the mailing list with hopes of narrowing down the issue to
>> a point where I can report a bug against a specific package with
>> enough documentation for it to be solvable. Where would I file this
>> bug otherwise?
>
> See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs for how to report
> a bug. *Since you have apparent errors in xorg log I would file it
> against xorg.
>
> Don't forget to post the bug report url back to the list in case
> anyone with a similar problem finds the thread. *(Did you realise you
> sent this to me rather than the list?)
>
> Good luck
>
> Colin

Sorry, didn't notice I got off the list (reply and not reply-all).

I did as you suggested. Filed a bug against xserver-xorg-video-intel.

Visit https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/706386
for further developments.