Old 01-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default What is the executable name for the Ubuntu VNC connect tool?

I just saw an article that shows that Ubuntu has a very simple tool
for allowing remote VNC connections:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remote-control-linux-windows/

Does anybody know the name of the executable or the package? I'd like
to install this on some Kubuntu machines, but I don't have an Ubuntu
machine to check what the package name is. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just saw an article that shows that Ubuntu has a very simple tool
> for allowing remote VNC connections:
> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remote-control-linux-windows/
>
> Does anybody know the name of the executable or the package? I'd like
> to install this on some Kubuntu machines, but I don't have an Ubuntu
> machine to check what the package name is. Thanks!
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen

Perhaps Vinagre?

"Vinagre is a remote desktop client integrated into the GNOME Desktop."

"With Vinagre you can have several connections open simultaneously,
bookmark your servers thanks to the Favorites support, store the
passwords in the GNOME keyring, and browse the network to look for
VNC servers. Supported protocols are VNC and SSH."

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
GNU-Linux Regist. User #481505 - http://counter.li.org/

Old 01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Marius Gedminas

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 10:40:48PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I just saw an article that shows that Ubuntu has a very simple tool
> for allowing remote VNC connections:
> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/remote-control-linux-windows/
>
> Does anybody know the name of the executable or the package? I'd like
> to install this on some Kubuntu machines, but I don't have an Ubuntu
> machine to check what the package name is. Thanks!

If you're talking about the VNC server, it's vino.

If you're talking about the VNC client, it's vinagre.

Marius Gedminas
--
Think different? I'd be happy if most people would just think...

Old 01-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Dotan Cohen

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 13:54, Marius Gedminas <marius@pov.lt> wrote:
> If you're talking about the VNC server, it's vino.
>
> If you're talking about the VNC client, it's vinagre.

Thanks, Marius, vino is what I was after. Have a great night!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com