Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Jim Byrnes

Default Installing Firefox4 beta with working plugins

I wanted to try out the Firefox4 beta. I followed the instructions for
installing it found here:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/12/install-firefox-4-beta-ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat/

It runs but aboutlugins shows that no plugins are installed.

How do I activate the plugins? In particular I was trying to get the
java plugin to work. I have installed the Sun jre and plugin from the
partners repository.

I am testing this on Meekrat running in virtualbox on Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64.

Thanks, Jim