-   -   Installing Firefox4 beta with working plugins (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/477280-installing-firefox4-beta-working-plugins.html)

Jim Byrnes 01-16-2011 04:28 PM

Installing Firefox4 beta with working plugins

I wanted to try out the Firefox4 beta. I followed the instructions for
installing it found here:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/12/install-firefox-4-beta-ubuntu-10-10-maverick-meerkat/

It runs but about:plugins shows that no plugins are installed.

How do I activate the plugins? In particular I was trying to get the
java plugin to work. I have installed the Sun jre and plugin from the
partners repository.

I am testing this on Meekrat running in virtualbox on Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64.

Thanks, Jim