Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Jay Ridgley

Default Problem during upgrade from 08.04 LTS to 19.04.1 LTS, **HELP** ***SOLVED**

To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com Subject: Re: Problem during upgrade from 08.04 LTS to 19.04.1 LTS **HELP** Message-ID: <201101150913.01081.kassube@gmx.net> Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset="iso-8859-1" MR ZenWiz wrote:

wrote:

> > I am attempting to upgrade one of my systems from 08.04 LTS (all
> > updates have been applied). However, after completing the download
> > (1702 files) the following message appears:
> >
> > Error during commit.

> > E:Couldn't configure pre-depend jre for
> > openoffice.org-writer2latex, probably a dependence cycle.'
> > Restoring original system state.
>
> I've heard that upgrading more than one release is a bad idea,
> especially with Ubuntu.

Not exactly. LTS releases are an exception from the rule and this
upgrade from 8.04 LTS to 10.04.1 LTS would be a supported route [1].

@Jay: I would uninstall the package openoffice.org-writer2latex, try the
upgrade again and install that package again after the upgrade.

Nils

[1] <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LucidUpgrades>

Nils,

THANKS!
Removing the openoffice.org-writer2Latex package indeed solved the problem.

The upgrade worked fine. It was important that I solved the problem because my
next system is my firewall/network server and is HEADLESS. I did the upgrade on
my wife's system REMOTELY (even though it is just across the room from me),
which is the same way I will do the next one. It is located elsewhere.

Once again thanks a bunch!

Cheers,
Jay

--