Old 01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Diya v

Default Problem in installing software on ubuntu

Hello All,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself as Diya.

I am trying to install a software on Ubuntu and it's giving me an error which I trying to do the make command. I tried to google the error but there were not many posts related to this. I am guessing that it may be a compilation and gc++ issue. Could any one help me to resolve this error.

Below is the error message.

*

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbam

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [prep_reads] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/diya/tophat-1.1.0/src'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/diya/tophat-1.1.0'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks,

Diya

Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Nils Kassube

Diya v wrote:
> I am trying to install a software on Ubuntu and it's giving me an
> error which I trying to do the make command.

> Below is the error message.

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lbam

I think the message means that the loader can't find the bam library.
You should install the package "libbam-dev", if your application has
something to do with "manipulates nucleotide sequence alignments in BAM
or SAM format" (that's what the package is used for).

Nils