Old 01-13-2011, 02:25 PM
James Sutton

Default disc space according to Ubuntu

I have Windows on one drive and Ubuntu on the other,, and plenty of gig to spare on both accoridng to windows, but when i look at the available space using linux it says the drive on which it is installed only has 500Mb spare or so, ......and this flagged up when i tried to install the updates which also said i only had a few MB spare.
?
and thanks to the last guy who whelped me, i deleted my inbox so lost your details, squire!

The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- Anonymous*
Don't be afraid to take one large step because you can't cross a chasm in two small leaps.
- Anonymous My favourite charity is the Anthony Nolan Trust. *Why not join the register of potential life-saving donors?http://www.anthonynolan.org.uk/
This e-mail and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Alan Pope

On 13 January 2011 15:25, James Sutton <jameboy@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> I have Windows on one drive and Ubuntu on the other,, and plenty of gig to
> spare on both accoridng to windows, but when i look at the available space
> using linux it says the drive on which it is installed only has 500Mb spare
> or so, ......and this flagged up when i tried to install the updates which
> also said i only had a few MB spare.
> ?

What does the output of the following commands in Ubuntu return?

df -h
sudo fdisk -l

By the way, you might want to trim that obnoxiously huge font signature.

Cheers,
Al.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Chris Jones

By the way, you might want to trim that obnoxiously huge font signature.

Better still, don't send html email to this list full stop