Old 02-05-2008, 07:10 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Default Ethernet Card

Hi

I have 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02) when i do a lspci command. is there a driver for this Card in Ubuntu 7.04, This NIC Card is an Onboard NIC Card

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Ed Greshko

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> I have 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device
> 10c0 (rev 02) when i do a lspci command. is there a driver for this Card
> in Ubuntu 7.04, This NIC Card is an Onboard NIC Card

For better assistance it is advisable to post the full output of "lspci -v"
for the device in question. Also, mentioning the motherboard maker and
model would could be helpful.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:38 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

On Feb 5, 2008 1:48 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> I have 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device
> 10c0 (rev 02) when i do a lspci command. is there a driver for this Card
> in Ubuntu 7.04, This NIC Card is an Onboard NIC Card

For better assistance it is advisable to post the full output of "lspci -v"
for the device in question. *Also, mentioning the motherboard maker and
model would could be helpful.

Hi

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02)
******* Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
******* Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21

******* Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
******* Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
******* I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
******* Capabilities: <access denied>

Model : Dell Vostro 200

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Thomas Cuthbert

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2008 1:48 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com
> <mailto:Ed.Greshko@greshko.com>> wrote:
>
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
> > I have 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device
> > 10c0 (rev 02) when i do a lspci command. is there a driver for
> this Card
> > in Ubuntu 7.04, This NIC Card is an Onboard NIC Card
>
> For better assistance it is advisable to post the full output of
> "lspci -v"
> for the device in question. Also, mentioning the motherboard
> maker and
> model would could be helpful.

> Hi
>
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0
> (rev 02)
> Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
> Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> Capabilities: <access denied>
>
> Model : Dell Vostro 200
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal
Hey Kaushal,
When i searched for it on Google, i found this thread,
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=551720 and it applies to your
Ethernet controller.
Thanks,
Tom.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Ed Greshko

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02)
> Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
> Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> Capabilities: <access denied>
>
> Model : Dell Vostro 200

Have a look at:

Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your problem....

Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

On Feb 5, 2008 2:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02)
> * * * * Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> * * * * Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21

> * * * * Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> * * * * Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> * * * * I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> * * * * Capabilities: <access denied>

> Model : Dell Vostro 200

Have a look at:

Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your problem....

Hi Again

I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the internet only when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider. Every now and then i have to do this for connecting to the Internet. I have configured ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf and it has created pppoe_on_boot script also but I am unable to connect to the internet.

Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network address.

Please let me know if you need any further information from me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev 02)
> * * * * Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> * * * * Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21

> * * * * Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> * * * * Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> * * * * I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> * * * * Capabilities: <access denied>

> Model : Dell Vostro 200

Have a look at:

Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your problem....

Hi Again

I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the internet only when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider. Every now and then i have to do this for connecting to the Internet. I have configured ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf and it has created pppoe_on_boot script also but I am unable to connect to the internet.

Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network address.

Please let me know if you need any further information from me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal.

hi Again

Any Clue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Kaushal

Old 02-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Ed Greshko

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
--
Leona, I want to CONFESS things to you ... I want to WRAP you in a SCARLET
ROBE trimmed with POLYVINYL CHLORIDE ... I want to EMPTY your ASHTRAYS ...
> On Feb 5, 2008 5:18 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com
> <mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Feb 5, 2008 2:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com
> <mailto:Ed.Greshko@greshko.com>> wrote:
>
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>

> > 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device
> 10c0 (rev 02)
> > Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> > Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
> > Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> > Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> > I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> > Capabilities: <access denied>
> >
> > Model : Dell Vostro 200
>

> Have a look at:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3370406
>
> Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your
> problem....

> Hi Again
>
> I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the
> internet only when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon
> dsl-provider. Every now and then i have to do this for connecting to
> the Internet. I have configured ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf
> and it has created pppoe_on_boot script also but I am unable to
> connect to the internet.
>
> Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon
> dsl-provider to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also
> NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network
> address.
>
> Please let me know if you need any further information from me.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal.
>

> hi Again
>
> Any Clue would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks

I will give this some thought in the AM and let you know if I can offer any
insight. I'm in Taiwan and it is late in the evening.... :-)

Ed

Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 AM
"Kaushal Shriyan"

Leona, I want to CONFESS things to you ... I want to WRAP you in a SCARLET
ROBE trimmed with POLYVINYL CHLORIDE ... I want to EMPTY your ASHTRAYS ...
> On Feb 5, 2008 5:18 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com

> <mailto:kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> * * On Feb 5, 2008 2:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com

> * * <mailto:Ed.Greshko@greshko.com>> wrote:
>
> * * * * Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>

> * * * * *> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device

> * * * * 10c0 (rev 02)
> * * * * *> * * * * Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> * * * * *> * * * * Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
> * * * * *> * * * * Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]

> * * * * *> * * * * Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> * * * * *> * * * * I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> * * * * *> * * * * Capabilities: <access denied>
> * * * * *>

> * * * * *> Model : Dell Vostro 200
>

> * * * * Have a look at:
>
> * * * * http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3370406

> * * * * Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your
> * * * * problem....
>

> * * * * --
> * * * * ubuntu-users mailing list
> * * * * ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

> * * * * Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

> * * Hi Again
>
> * * I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the
> * * internet only when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon
> * * dsl-provider. Every now and then i have to do this for connecting to

> * * the Internet. I have configured ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf
> * * and it has created pppoe_on_boot script also but I am unable to
> * * connect to the internet.
>
> * * Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon

> * * dsl-provider to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also
> * * NetworkManager Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network
> * * address.
>
> * * Please let me know if you need any further information from me.

> * * Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
>
> * * Thanks and Regards
>
> * * Kaushal.
>

> hi Again
>
> Any Clue would be greatly appreciated

> Thanks

I will give this some thought in the AM and let you know if I can offer any
insight. *I'm in Taiwan and it is late in the evening.... *:-)

Ed

Hi Ed

Any clue for this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
NoOp

On 02/05/2008 03:48 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Hi Again
>
> I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the internet only
> when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider. Every now
> and then i have to do this for connecting to the Internet. I have configured
> ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf and it has created pppoe_on_boot script
> also but I am unable to connect to the internet.
>
> Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider
> to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also NetworkManager
> Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network address.

Is there any reason why you need to run pppoe on your system? Were I
you, I would purge pppoe and pppoeconf (sudo apt-get purge pppoe
pppoeconf) and restart your networking (sudo /etc/init.d/networking
restart) and see if: 1) your interface comes up properly, and 2) if you
can then ping ubuntu.com. You can of course reinstall pppoe & pppoeconf
if that doesn't work, however most ADSL modems will provide the
necessary pppoe, so unless you really need to set it on the machine side
I wouldn't mess with it.