-   -   Adding Graphics card driver - was (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/475440-adding-graphics-card-driver-blank.html)

"Goh Lip" 01-12-2011 04:50 AM

Adding Graphics card driver - was

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:24:46 +0800, suraj ranjeet <ranjeetsuraj@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,I using ubuntu from two years.i have no problem on ubuntu 9.04 and
other old version but uuntu 10.10 i have mouse keyboard hang problem.I
thing it's graphics problem because in low graphics mode it have no
problem.my hardware is 945g intel chipset board,1gb ram,pentium d
processor and no extra grphics card.

Suraj, at settings, ("add hardware", "add device", "proprietary hardware"
or something like that - I am on Kde, Kubuntu, not gnome Ubuntu), try
detecting graphics card and install recommended driver.

Regards - Goh Lip

ps: please add subject topic like "Graphics problem" or "Low Graphics
mode" etc..

--
I used to have an open mind,
but my brains kept falling out.

Lucio M Nicolosi 01-12-2011 05:21 AM

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Goh Lip <g.lip@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:24:46 +0800, suraj ranjeet <ranjeetsuraj@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,I using ubuntu from two years.i have no problem on ubuntu 9.04 and
>> other old version but uuntu 10.10 i have mouse keyboard hang problem.I
>> thing it's graphics problem because in low graphics mode it have no
>> problem.my hardware is 945g intel chipset board,1gb ram,pentium d
>> processor and no extra grphics card.
>>

> Suraj, at settings, ("add hardware", "add device", "proprietary hardware" or
> something like that - I am on Kde, Kubuntu, not gnome Ubuntu), try detecting
> graphics card and install recommended driver.

(In English:)
Administration / Additional Drivers

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64

"Goh Lip" 01-12-2011 05:51 AM

Adding Graphics card driver - was

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:21:24 +0800, Lucio M Nicolosi

wrote:

Hi,I using ubuntu from two years.i have no problem on ubuntu 9.04 and
other old version but uuntu 10.10 i have mouse keyboard hang problem.I
thing it's graphics problem because in low graphics mode it have no
problem.my hardware is 945g intel chipset board,1gb ram,pentium d
processor and no extra grphics card.

Suraj, at settings, ("add hardware", "add device", "proprietary
hardware" or
something like that - I am on Kde, Kubuntu, not gnome Ubuntu), try
detecting

graphics card and install recommended driver.

(In English:)
Administration / Additional Drivers

Heh heh, Lucio. Was I talking Punjabi? I'll try Italian next time. :)

Ciao - Goh Lip

Lucio M Nicolosi 01-12-2011 12:32 PM

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Goh Lip <g.lip@gmx.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:21:24 +0800, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:50 AM, Goh Lip <g.lip@gmx.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:24:46 +0800, suraj ranjeet
>>> <ranjeetsuraj@gmail.com>

>>> Suraj, at settings, ("add hardware", "add device", "proprietary hardware"
>>> or
>>> something like that - I am on Kde, Kubuntu, not gnome Ubuntu), try
>>> detecting
>>> graphics card and install recommended driver.
>>>

>> (In English:)
>> Administration / Additional Drivers
>>

> Heh heh, Lucio. Was I talking Punjabi? I'll try Italian next time. *:)
>
> Ciao - Goh Lip
> --

You are right (as always) Goh (say, most of the time), it was more
than obvious, an overkill, but I kept thinking that Suraj's Ubuntu
desktop wouldn't have English configured as its primary language
(unlike mine), and thus my info could be completely irrelevant
(although more precise because I am not running Kubuntu like you)...
and I couldn't figure what his native language would be... and I don't
have the slightest idea about Punjabi... and despite my last name I
can't even speak Italian... and not even Babelfish can help me... :-(

Um abrašo...