-   -   Google Chrome and MB3 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/475278-google-chrome-mb3.html)

Kenneth Jacker 01-11-2011 09:33 PM

Google Chrome and MB3

[ Ubuntu 10.04.1; Google Chrome 9.0.597.45 beta ]

When I depress MB3 over a link on a page in Chrome, *nothing* happens.

Others running version 8 in a similar software environment see a "pop
up" menu containing among other items, a "Copy Link" element.

Have others had this problem? Maybe just a problem with the V9 beta?

Any solution/work-around?

Thanks for your comments/suggests,
--
Prof Kenneth H Jacker khj@cs.appstate.edu
Computer Science Dept www.cs.appstate.edu/~khj

Kenneth Jacker 01-17-2011 05:21 PM

Google Chrome and MB3

Sorry to reply to my own posting, but I figured out why MB3 didn't
display the "pop up" menu: Smooth Gestures.

That (very useful) Google Chrome extension "takes over" the mouse (and
its buttons) in a big way.

When I disabled the extension, the "pop up" appeared with MB3. I
re-enabled it, and read Smooth Gestures' documentation which indicated
that "double clicking" MB3 produces the desired behavior.

Problem solved!

-Kenneth

"Goh Lip" 01-18-2011 04:17 AM

Google Chrome and MB3

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 02:21:31 +0800, Kenneth Jacker