-   -   nVidia Optimus and Ubuntu 10.10 - Someone get working? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/475071-nvidia-optimus-ubuntu-10-10-someone-get-working.html)

Wagner Sales 01-11-2011 12:44 PM

nVidia Optimus and Ubuntu 10.10 - Someone get working?

Hi all,

Recently I bought an Asus 1215n. A nice laptop to my needs! But,
unfortunately, after almost ten happy years without needs of run the
crap ruindows everyday, I got a very worst new: the nVidia card will
not work with the restricted drivers. This simply put me at Windows 7,
because I need OpenCL, GLSL and Cuda. I searched a lot and the final
answer ( actually ): you can switch from the Intel card to nVidia card
in some ways ( tested, working ) but you cannot install the blob
driver and get working the nVidia chipset. Well, I'm not worry about
battery, but without nVidia working, I simply need to use Windows,
with the painful development environment. Some got a success on get a
nVidia binary driver working with Optimus technology? Not care about
graphic cards switch.

Regards,

Wagner Sales

Wagner Sales 05-08-2011 09:05 PM

nVidia Optimus and Ubuntu 10.10 - Someone get working?

Hi all,

Some months ago I've sent a mail asking about nvidia optimus working
on ubuntu. And now, I've finally got this working!
Simply follow ( carefully ) the howto:

http://www.martin-juhl.dk/2011/05/optimus-on-linux-problem-solved/

And have fun!

I'm rendering volumes on GPU card by using VTK!

Wagner Sales