Old 01-10-2011, 08:07 PM
MirJafar Ali

Default Backing VirtualBox

Hello

I have one simple question. I have VirtualBox that I want to backup to install new version. I can see that there is one
directory named ".VirtualBox". Is doing "cp -r .VirtualBox* VirtualBoxBakUp"** will correctly backup the VM ? I am asking

this question as I am not sure how and where VM keeps the file.

Thanks.
Mir

Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:07 PM, MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have one simple question. I have VirtualBox that I want to backup to
> install new version. I can see that there is one
> directory named ".VirtualBox". Is doing "cp -r .VirtualBox
> VirtualBoxBakUp"** will correctly backup the VM ? I am asking
> this question as I am not sure how and where VM keeps the file.
>
> Thanks.
> Mir

No need to do this but if you insist, better go to VBox / File /
Export Appliance. This way you can create a proper copy of your
Virtual Sistems (wherever they might reside).

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64