Old 01-10-2011, 06:34 PM
LAMP

Default few basic stuff about Drupal

Jacob Mansfield wrote:

On 10/01/11 03:03, LAMP wrote:

Hi,
I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and
messed up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as
content type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5
artikles (news) on font page and on the News page have titles and
teasers.
now,
1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
story cont. type? (no View module involved)
2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated,
complex to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have
5 latest stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front
page, in content area with title, date posted, posted by and short
"introduction" + "more..." :-)

p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about
Views please provide me the link :-)

Thanks

and you're asking the Ubuntu support list because?--

Jacob Mansfield
Programmer

import disclaimer from email

As I mentioned a little bit later, accidentally I sent the question to
the wrong list. I'm sorry for any "disturbance" :-)