Old 01-10-2011, 02:03 AM
LAMP

Default few basic stuff about Drupal

Hi,
I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and messed
up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as content
type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5 artikles
(news) on font page and on the News page have titles and teasers.

now,
1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
story cont. type? (no View module involved)
2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated, complex
to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have 5 latest
stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front page, in
content area with title, date posted, posted by and short "introduction"
+ "more..." :-)

p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about Views
please provide me the link :-)

Thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Mon, January 10, 2011 04:03, LAMP wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and messed
> up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
> something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as content
> type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5 artikles
> (news) on font page and on the News page have titles and teasers.
> now,
> 1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
> story cont. type? (no View module involved)
> 2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated, complex
> to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have 5 latest
> stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front page, in
> content area with title, date posted, posted by and short "introduction"
> + "more..." :-)
>
> p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about Views
> please provide me the link :-)

Hi,

I'm an avid Drupal user and I could exlain this all to you, but why don't
you just ask your question on the Drupal mailing list? Maybe I am the only
Drupal user on ubtuntu-users, but on http://drupal.org/mailing-lists you
can find a mailing list with *thousands* of people who are able to help
you.
Also check out the Drupal forum at http://drupal.org/forum

I wish you a lot of fun and interesting times with Drupal!

HTH, HAND.
Amedee

Old 01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
LAMP

I apologize to everybody. Wrong list. It supposed to be sent to Drupal
list and I accidentally sent to my other favorite mailing list :-D

Thanks.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-01-10 at 11:51 +0100, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

> On Mon, January 10, 2011 04:03, LAMP wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and messed
> > up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
> > something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as content
> > type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5 artikles
> > (news) on font page and on the News page have titles and teasers.
> > now,
> > 1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
> > story cont. type? (no View module involved)
> > 2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated, complex
> > to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have 5 latest
> > stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front page, in
> > content area with title, date posted, posted by and short "introduction"
> > + "more..." :-)
> >
> > p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about Views
> > please provide me the link :-)
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm an avid Drupal user and I could exlain this all to you, but why don't
> you just ask your question on the Drupal mailing list? Maybe I am the only
> Drupal user on ubtuntu-users, but on http://drupal.org/mailing-lists you
> can find a mailing list with *thousands* of people who are able to help
> you.

I use/admin a drupal site for our non-profit. I just don't use that
feature. But, it is all in the docs. Maybe they are painful, but you
have to read and re-read them for it to finally become plain. Way too
much ground to cover here. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Jacob Mansfield

On 10/01/11 03:03, LAMP wrote:
> Hi,
> I have to fix friends drupal website, somebody else started (and
> messed up). I'm drupal newbie too but this will be great way to learn
> something. it's really basic website. the prev guy used blog as
> content type to put news. he didn't figure out how to have last e.g. 5
> artikles (news) on font page and on the News page have titles and
> teasers.
> now,
> 1. is it easy to switch nodes made with blog content type to simple
> story cont. type? (no View module involved)
> 2. I was google-ing for this but all I found was to complicated,
> complex to me and/or something I have to modify (?!?): how simply have
> 5 latest stories (or other content type if I have to create) on front
> page, in content area with title, date posted, posted by and short
> "introduction" + "more..." :-)
>
> p.s. if somebody knows a "explain to me like I'm 4" tutorial about
> Views please provide me the link :-)
>
> Thanks

and you're asking the Ubuntu support list because?--

Jacob Mansfield
Programmer

import disclaimer from email