-   -   How to upgrade to VirtualBox 4.0 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/474453-how-upgrade-virtualbox-4-0-a.html)

MirJafar Ali 01-09-2011 09:21 PM

How to upgrade to VirtualBox 4.0

Hello

I have VirtualBox 3.2.10 version on my machine and it seems that version 4 has came up lately. How can I upgrade it because when
I try to install, it says that there are conflicts with the previous version. Is there way so that I donot loose the data/software within version

3.2 and still able to upgrade to version 4.0.

Thanks.

Mir

Lucio M Nicolosi 01-09-2011 09:30 PM

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM, MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have VirtualBox 3.2.10 version on my machine and it seems that version 4
> has came up lately. How can I upgrade it because when
> I try to install, it says that there are conflicts with the previous
> version. Is there way so that I donot loose the data/software within version
> 3.2 and still able to upgrade to version 4.0.

There's no risk of losing any personal data when you uninstall Vbox.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64

Jesse Palser 01-09-2011 09:34 PM

How to upgrade to VirtualBox 4.0

I have VirtualBox 3.2.10 version on my machine and it seems that
version 4 has came up lately. How can I upgrade it because when
I try to install, it says that there are conflicts with the previous
version. Is there way so that I donot loose the data/software within
version

3.2 and still able to upgrade to version 4.0.

Thanks.

Mir

Hi,

I think I just uninstalled 3.2 version of VirtualBox
and then installed version 4 of VirtualBox.
(my virtual machines remained after this)

Jesse