Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 AM
MirJafar Ali

Default Info about Warning Message using Virtual Box

Hello

Whenever I start VirtualBox from my Ubuntu machine, I get the following message:

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot.

Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of your host computer.

What is this and is there any way I can resolve this ?

Mir.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
MR ZenWiz

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM, MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Whenever I start VirtualBox from my Ubuntu machine, I get the following
> message:
>
> VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational.
> Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to
> boot.
>
> Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of your
> host computer.
>
> What is this and is there any way I can resolve this ?

What kind of hardware are you running?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
MirJafar Ali

Hello,

It is Intel QuadCore process.

Thanks
Mir

Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Lucio M Nicolosi

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:06 PM, MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Whenever I start VirtualBox from my Ubuntu machine, I get the following
> message:
>
> VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration has been enabled, but is not operational.
> Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to
> boot.
>
> Please ensure that you have enabled VT-x/AMD-V properly in the BIOS of your
> host computer.
>
> What is this and is there any way I can resolve this ?

You need to go to the BIOS setup (usually pressing Del or F2 at boot
time, check your opening screen) and look for something like: "virtual
settings enable" (it depends on you BIOS brand) to "have enabled
VT-x/AMD-V properly" as stated at Bbox message.

L.

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64