Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
"Chris Lemire"

Default dvd/cd repositories

I notice that Debian comes on 14 cds or 3~4 dvds. You get a minimal
install by default like Ubuntu. Afterwards, if you want to install
more software, synaptic or apt will say insert disk number such and
such. My friend has 28 k dial up with Ubuntu on his laptop. What I'd
like to do is create those dvds or cds for him that are fully loaded
with extra software including multiverse repositories. I don't mind
spending a couple of days downloading it all for him. I have 640 gb of
total hard drive space but not all unused and a FIOS connection that I
can use for downloading all the deb packages. How can I create those
extra disks for him, so that when he wants to install software, he
will be told to insert disk such and such?

--
Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire@gmail.com>