Old 01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
MirJafar Ali

Default Network connection Problems

Hello,

I need help from one experts.

Whenever I restart the computer, the Internet connection never comes up automatically. Most of times I need
to go to the menu and delete the existing wired connection and recreate a new one and then shutdown the

machine and again restart it. This I have to do ( sometimes ) 4-5 times and if I am lucky I get my connection
back.

Can someone tell me what should I do so that internet connection is less painful and less frustrating affair with

Ubuntu ?

Thanks.

Mir

Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Dave Stevens

Quoting MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com>:

Hello,

I need help from one experts.

Whenever I restart the computer, the Internet connection never comes up
automatically. Most of times I need
to go to the menu and delete the existing wired connection and recreate a
new one and then shutdown the
machine and again restart it. This I have to do ( sometimes ) 4-5 times and
if I am lucky I get my connection
back.

Can someone tell me what should I do so that internet connection is less
painful and less frustrating affair with
Ubuntu ?

what happens if when the connection isn't working you try, "sudo
NetworkManager restart"

Dave

Thanks.

Mir

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Krishnamurti

Old 01-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Eero Volotinen

2011/1/9 MirJafar Ali <mirjafarali@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>

> I need help from one experts.
>
> Whenever I restart the computer, the Internet connection never comes up
> automatically. Most of times I need
> to go to the menu and delete the existing wired connection and recreate a
> new one and then shutdown the
> machine and again restart it. This I have to do ( sometimes ) 4-5 times and
> if I am lucky I get my connection
> back.
>
> Can someone tell me what should I do so that internet connection is less
> painful and less frustrating affair with
> Ubuntu ?

sounds like hardware/software problem.

--
Eero

Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Avi Greenbury

MirJafar Ali wrote:

> Whenever I restart the computer, the Internet connection never comes
> up automatically.

Has it always done this (i.e. since install), or only for some shorter
period of time? Is there anything that happened just before it started
doing this (software/hardware updgrades, perhaps)?

On boot, before making the network work again, could you open a
terminal and run
sudo ifconfig -a
and copy-and paste the output into pastebin.com, then paste the URL in
an email here?

If you could do the same with
sudo cat /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
that'd be handy, too, this one doesn't need to be run when the
network's not working.

--
Avi