Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Rashkae

Default Can't install calibre

On 11-01-08 04:24 PM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
The other day I became aware of the ebook reader, calibre for linux. I
used Synaptic and successfully installed it on my 10.04 desktop.
After using it I decided to install it on my laptop running 10.10.

The first thing I noticed was it complained about some packages it
could not authenticate which I don't remember from my desktop install.
Then it said it could not find some packages but I answered that I
wanted to proceed. The install failed with this error message:

W: Failed to fetch
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/p/python-django/python-django_1.2.3-1ubuntu0.1_all.deb

404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.37 80]

Has anyone else seen this? Maybe it is just a temporary website glitch?

Refresh your package list.

sudo apt-get update

or

Press the "Reload" button in synaptic

[...]