Old 01-08-2011, 03:04 PM
stan

Default Mailing list search?

I acidently deleted a reply that had the solution to a problem I am having.
I thought I would just go search the mailing list archive, using my name,
and limiting this to recent dates, and recver the information.

Unfortunately, after aboui 10 mnutes of Googleing, I cannt seem to find a
web based search page for the Ubuntu malinig lists. I must be missing
something, right?

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 11:04 -0500, stan wrote:
> I acidently deleted a reply that had the solution to a problem I am having.
> I thought I would just go search the mailing list archive, using my name,
> and limiting this to recent dates, and recver the information.
>
> Unfortunately, after aboui 10 mnutes of Googleing, I cannt seem to find a
> web based search page for the Ubuntu malinig lists. I must be missing
> something, right?

Try

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/

Tony

Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 PM
C de-Avillez

On 01/08/2011 10:10 AM, Tony Pursell wrote:

> Try
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/

Or http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

Both carry the archives.

Cheers,

..C..

Old 01-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Avi Greenbury

Tony Pursell wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 11:04 -0500, stan wrote:
> > Unfortunately, after aboui 10 mnutes of Googleing, I cannt seem to
> > find a web based search page for the Ubuntu malinig lists. I must
> > be missing something, right?
> >

> Try
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/

There's no search function there, unless I'm missing something?

--
Avi.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Fredrik Jonson

Stan wrote:

> I cannt seem to find a web based search page for the Ubuntu maling lists.

I see someone else already mentioned gmane, but apart from being an
excellent way to access mailing lists through nntp or web, there is
also a dedicated search interface. You can prepopulate the search form:

http://search.gmane.org/form.php?group=gmane.linux.ubuntu.user&sort=date

--
Fredrik Jonson

Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Tony Pursell

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 18:29 +0000, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Tony Pursell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 11:04 -0500, stan wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, after aboui 10 mnutes of Googleing, I cannt seem to
> > > find a web based search page for the Ubuntu malinig lists. I must
> > > be missing something, right?
> > >

> > Try
> >
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/
> >

> There's no search function there, unless I'm missing something?
>
> --
> Avi.

No, but you can search each month using the standard Find in Firefox,
or, perhaps download the full archive (see link at top) and search
through it if it is in a suitable format.

Tony

Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Colin Law

On 8 January 2011 18:29, Avi Greenbury
<avismailinglistaccount@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Tony Pursell wrote:
>> On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 11:04 -0500, stan wrote:
>> > Unfortunately, after aboui 10 mnutes of Googleing, I cannt seem to
>> > find a web based search page for the Ubuntu malinig lists. I must
>> > be missing something, right?
>> >

>> Try
>>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/
>>

> There's no search function there, unless I'm missing something?

If you go to that link you can then use the google site search to
search everything within that site, though the gmane route is possibly
simpler.

Colin