-   -   pam-ldap bind failing with remote ldap server (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/473028-pam-ldap-bind-failing-remote-ldap-server.html)

Carlos S 01-06-2011 03:20 AM

pam-ldap bind failing with remote ldap server

Hi,

I am setting up ldap authentication on Ubuntu 10.10. desktop edition.
The config I have done previously worked on Suse and CentOS, but it's
failing in Ubuntu. The pam-ldap seems to be trying to bind with remote
LDAP server and can't find ldap.secret password file. The server
doesn't require login and should be able validate passwords over ldaps
(s for ssl). I think I made this mistake while installing libpam-ldap
where it asked me few questions about make root as admin, require
password etc.. Am I correct on this? How do I revert back these
settings? Reinstall or some config changes?

-
cs.