-   -   kernel and OSS support (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/472954-kernel-oss-support.html)

Ric Moore 01-05-2011 10:17 PM

kernel and OSS support

HUGE controversy going on over at launchpad. Plenty of people really
jerked at oss (dev/snd) support being clipped from the kernel.

Grab a beer and some popcorn... it's entertaining, if it wasn't so
damaging to users. I just noticed kino no longer playing back audio
during play, then noticed I no longer have a /dev/snd. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Shaun Jones 01-05-2011 10:21 PM

kernel and OSS support

--
*Hello**I have just been rebuilding the stock kernel to suit my oss needs its not very difficult, perhaps someone could start a PPA with the alternative kernel ?*