Old 01-03-2011, 12:43 AM
MR ZenWiz

Default Nums Lock and no numeric keypad entry

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Mike McMullin <mmcmullin@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> *The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric keypad
> whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do, how do
> I fix this?

It would help if you supplied the make and type of keyboard. I have a
Logitech EX110 wireless desktop and that problem occurs from time to
time if the System->Preferences->Keyboard->Mouse Keys tab shows the
"Pointer can be controlled using the keypad" option is checked.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Ric Moore

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 12:02 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:
> > The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric keypad
> > whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do, how do
> > I fix this?
>
> Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?

Or change his pointy-haired-oneness's battery and wipe the drool and
dandruff off of the photo-optic lens for him, in his wireless keyboard
gizmo. Oh yeah, is the keyboard plugged in? I see the pointy-hair-boss
going to the john, in my mind's eye, carrying a keyboard with the wire
dangling from it, exclaiming "I'll finish up that report in here!"

Ack! And this is only the 2nd day of the New Year. Lord. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 01-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Basil Chupin

On 03/01/2011 12:48, Ric Moore wrote:

On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 12:02 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:

The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric keypad
whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do, how do
I fix this?

Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?

Or change his pointy-haired-oneness's battery and wipe the drool and
dandruff off of the photo-optic lens for him, in his wireless keyboard
gizmo.

Ahem....I don't think that a "wire less" connection auto means that it
uses the IR way of communication :-) .

The only "wireless" connections which use the IR method of communication
I know of are some headphones used with TVs :-) .

Oh yeah, is the keyboard plugged in? I see the pointy-hair-boss
going to the john, in my mind's eye, carrying a keyboard with the wire
dangling from it, exclaiming "I'll finish up that report in here!"

Ack! And this is only the 2nd day of the New Year. Lord. Ric

Yeah..... :-( .

As you stated, it's only the second day of the new year and with 363 to
go.... Oh, god.... :-(

:-)

BC

--
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and
won't change the subject.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Mike McMullin

On January 2, 2011 08:02:29 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:
> > The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric
> > keypad
> >
> > whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do,
> > how do I fix this?
>
> Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?

<THWAP> oh, and Happy New Year to You antipodeans.

There's nothing wrong with the key Basil, it seems to be something in Her
profile, like I mentioned other profiles on the system, get input from the
keypad.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Mike McMullin

On January 2, 2011 08:48:02 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 12:02 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
> > On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:
> > > The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the
> > > numeric keypad
> > >
> > > whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system,
> > > do, how do I fix this?
> >
> > Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?
>
> Or change his pointy-haired-oneness's battery and wipe the drool and
> dandruff off of the photo-optic lens for him, in his wireless keyboard
> gizmo. Oh yeah, is the keyboard plugged in? I see the pointy-hair-boss
> going to the john, in my mind's eye, carrying a keyboard with the wire
> dangling from it, exclaiming "I'll finish up that report in here!"
>
> Ack! And this is only the 2nd day of the New Year. Lord. Ric

My wife is going to visit You for that comment. Have fun.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Mike McMullin

On January 2, 2011 08:43:01 pm MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Mike McMullin <mmcmullin@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> > The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric
> > keypad whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this
> > system, do, how do I fix this?
>
> It would help if you supplied the make and type of keyboard. I have a
> Logitech EX110 wireless desktop and that problem occurs from time to
> time if the System->Preferences->Keyboard->Mouse Keys tab shows the
> "Pointer can be controlled using the keypad" option is checked.

It's a corded Logitech Office Comfort. Any idea as to why it's just Her
profile?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Ric Moore

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 01:53 -0500, Mike McMullin wrote:
> On January 2, 2011 08:48:02 pm Ric Moore wrote:

> > > Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?
> >
> > Or change his pointy-haired-oneness's battery and wipe the drool and
> > dandruff off of the photo-optic lens for him, in his wireless keyboard
> > gizmo. Oh yeah, is the keyboard plugged in? I see the pointy-hair-boss
> > going to the john, in my mind's eye, carrying a keyboard with the wire
> > dangling from it, exclaiming "I'll finish up that report in here!"
> >
> > Ack! And this is only the 2nd day of the New Year. Lord. Ric
>
> My wife is going to visit You for that comment. Have fun.

Tell her to be gentle ...I'm old and have only goats for company.
<cackles> Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 01-05-2011, 05:13 AM
Basil Chupin

On 04/01/2011 17:52, Mike McMullin wrote:

On January 2, 2011 08:02:29 pm Basil Chupin wrote:

On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:

The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric
keypad

whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do,
how do I fix this?

Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?

<THWAP> oh, and Happy New Year to You antipodeans.

There's nothing wrong with the key Basil, it seems to be something in Her
profile, like I mentioned other profiles on the system, get input from the
keypad.

What does this have anything to do with anything?

Get a new keyboard anyway. It's the New Year remember?

:-)

BC

--
"Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one."
Inspector "Dirty Harry" Callahan

Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 AM
Basil Chupin

On 04/01/2011 17:52, Mike McMullin wrote:

On January 2, 2011 08:02:29 pm Basil Chupin wrote:

On 03/01/2011 11:48, Mike McMullin wrote:

The Boss' profile doesn't seem to recognize any input from the numeric
keypad

whether the numbers lock is on or off, other profiles on this system, do,
how do I fix this?

Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?

<THWAP> oh, and Happy New Year to You antipodeans.

There's nothing wrong with the key Basil, it seems to be something in Her
profile, like I mentioned other profiles on the system, get input from the
keypad.

Forgot to ask: do other 'profiles' use the same keyboard as your "Boss"?

My "Boss" came out with a beauty today. "You posted a message in xxxxxx
list but I don't have it. Why not?! What have you done to my system!?" I
look, and there is my message where it is supposed to be. "It wasn't
there before a few seconds ago, I tell you! It wasn't there!". You just
have to love those "Bosses" :-) .

BC

Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Mike McMullin

On January 5, 2011 01:24:31 am Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 04/01/2011 17:52, Mike McMullin wrote:

> >> Get a new keyboard because the nums lock button is bust?
> >>
> > <THWAP> oh, and Happy New Year to You antipodeans.
> >
> > There's nothing wrong with the key Basil, it seems to be something in Her
> > profile, like I mentioned other profiles on the system, get input from
> > the keypad.
>
> Forgot to ask: do other 'profiles' use the same keyboard as your "Boss"?

Yes we all use the same keyboard, it's wired.

> My "Boss" came out with a beauty today. "You posted a message in xxxxxx
> list but I don't have it. Why not?! What have you done to my system!?" I
> look, and there is my message where it is supposed to be. "It wasn't
> there before a few seconds ago, I tell you! It wasn't there!". You just
> have to love those "Bosses" :-) .

How much does the pointy haired do run down there?

Actually this is now solved, it was indeed using the keypad as mouse keys
setting that someone mentioned.