Old 02-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Logging in

I have been logging in when I turn on my computer but there should
be a way to stop that. And there is. I recalled doing that in my Fedora
days and since Ubuntu also uses gimp I started looking.

At System -> Login you get a panel that has many useful things. The
last one is Security and click on that. At the very top is a thing you
set for automatic login as yourself. I did this and to my surprise it
works fine :-)

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
"Colin Brace"

On Feb 4, 2008 5:37 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:

> I have been logging in when I turn on my computer but there should
> be a way to stop that. And there is. I recalled doing that in my Fedora
> days and since Ubuntu also uses gimp I started looking.

I think you mean GDM (GNOME Display Manager).

> At System -> Login you get a panel that has many useful things. The
> last one is Security and click on that. At the very top is a thing you
> set for automatic login as yourself. I did this and to my surprise it
> works fine :-)

Congrats. Now what exactly was the point of this post?

--
Colin Brace
Amsterdam

Old 02-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Karl Larsen

Colin Brace wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008 5:37 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:
>

>> I have been logging in when I turn on my computer but there should
>> be a way to stop that. And there is. I recalled doing that in my Fedora
>> days and since Ubuntu also uses gimp I started looking.
>>

> I think you mean GDM (GNOME Display Manager).
>

>> At System -> Login you get a panel that has many useful things. The
>> last one is Security and click on that. At the very top is a thing you
>> set for automatic login as yourself. I did this and to my surprise it
>> works fine :-)
>>

> Congrats. Now what exactly was the point of this post?

The point of that post was to show others who did not know you can
do that how it's done. I answer your post to tell you why.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User