Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Felipe Figueiredo

Default medibuntu has changed address ( Another Gutsy Upgrade Failure)

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> 404 Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/free/source/Sources.gz
> 404 Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/source/Sources.gz
> 404 Not Found

You see, this error has nothing to do witrh the upgrade itself, since it's an
unofficial repository. One that has changed adress recently to
www.medibuntu.org

Also, I've not used Adept in a while, but it should have disabled this
repositoryduring the upgrade. Did it? Did you re-enable it after the upgrade?
Because if the upgrade worked well, and it started spilling errors *after*
you changed a configuration, this shouldn't be regarded as an /upgrade
failure/.

Otherwise, if the upgrade *didn't* disable this repository, this is indeed a
bug.

regards
FF

Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM
Leonard Chatagnier

--- Felipe Figueiredo <philsf79@gmail.com> wrote:

> A Sunday 18 November 2007 16:21:31, Leonard
> Chatagnier escreveu:
> > Hello List,
> > Tried updating to gutsy from feisty via the Adept
> > update notifier/upgrader, both times failed. After
> the
> > feisty upgrades, the updater says an upgrade is
> > available, click next and the upgrader pops up,
> goes
> > through the preparations and fails during the
> > downloading with these messagea:
> > Failed to fetch

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> > 404 Not Found
> > Failed to fetch

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/binary-i386/Packages.gz
> > 404 Not Found
> > Failed to fetch

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/free/source/Sources.gz
> > 404 Not Found
> > Failed to fetch

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repo/dists/feisty/non-free/source/Sources.gz
> > 404 Not Found
>
> You see, this error has nothing to do witrh the
> upgrade itself, since it's an
> unofficial repository. One that has changed adress
> recently to
> www.medibuntu.org

Thanks Felipe, for this info. Changed my sources.list.

> Also, I've not used Adept in a while, but it should
> have disabled this
> repositoryduring the upgrade. Did it? Did you
> re-enable it after the upgrade?
No, neither one as far as I can tell. My sources.list
still had the bad medibuntu entries, uncommented.

> Because if the upgrade worked well, and it started
> spilling errors *after*
> you changed a configuration, this shouldn't be
> regarded as an /upgrade
> failure/.

No, if I understand what your saying, the upgrade
failed during the preparation process, the first item
on the process list in Adept upgrader. I was just
watching the process with no interaction.

> Otherwise, if the upgrade *didn't* disable this
> repository, this is indeed a
> bug.

Apparently it is a bug then.
Thanks for the incite. I'll try again and see what
happens. After the sources.list change, aptitude
upgrade removed a lib package and installed
mplayer-doc. A dist-upgrade installed a new version of
mplayer and another lib file, so some progress.
Thanks for that.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net