Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Stew Schneider

Default Workplace switcher thumbnails

I've got a Gutsy install here, and multiple installs at one of my
offices. Here, the workplace switcher shows small icons of the "top"
program open on each workspace. At the office, Firefox does, but
Thunderbird doesn't.

Anybody know how to fix that?

TIA

stew

Old 02-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Karl Larsen

Stew Schneider wrote:
> I've got a Gutsy install here, and multiple installs at one of my
> offices. Here, the workplace switcher shows small icons of the "top"
> program open on each workspace. At the office, Firefox does, but
> Thunderbird doesn't.
>
> Anybody know how to fix that?

The top program runs in a terminal. I suppose you could make a thumbnail
of that but it's hard to read already. Why?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
"Chris Mohler"

On Feb 3, 2008 5:16 PM, Stew Schneider <stew.schneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Gutsy install here, and multiple installs at one of my
> offices. Here, the workplace switcher shows small icons of the "top"
> program open on each workspace. At the office, Firefox does, but
> Thunderbird doesn't.
>
> Anybody know how to fix that?

I've noticed that when running compiz (aka "Desktop Effects") if the
window is "hanging off" slightly to one side - that is to say one or
more of the sides extends beyond the workspace - then the icon
disappears from the workspace switcher. If you maximize the window,
it should "snap" to the workspace, returning the icon.

Chris

Old 02-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:16 -0500, Stew Schneider wrote:
> Anybody know how to fix that?

What#s your panel height? There seems to be a minimum required height
before the applet does this. I also noticed that this height is
different for different themes (and I don#t know, but maybe not all
themes do this at all?)

Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Stew Schneider

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 18:16 -0500, Stew Schneider wrote:
>
>> Anybody know how to fix that?
>>

> What#s your panel height? There seems to be a minimum required height
> before the applet does this. I also noticed that this height is
> different for different themes (and I don#t know, but maybe not all
> themes do this at all?)

Hmmm...that's an interesting thought. It's 36 pixels here. I'll check
there. Of course, the fact that Firefox *does* show the thumbnail is
hard to understand if it's the panel height. Firefox does, OpenOffice
and Thunderbird do not...

--
J. Stewart Schneider, J.D.
Supply Pastor