Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 AM
Nataraj

Default keyboard mapping problem

On 12/08/2010 04:03 PM, Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Nataraj <incoming-ubuntu@rjl.com> wrote:
>
>> This is under 10.04.1 with all updates current. I rsync'ed my home
>> directory from a 10.04.1 install in a VMware virtual machine to an
>> install on a mac mini.
>>

> Have you checked your keyboard shortcuts?

Thank you. It wasn't exactly the keyboard shortcuts, but that led me in
the right direction. I have some metacity global keybindings setup.
The system where I copied the configuration file is a 32bit system,
however the new system is 64 bits. For some reason, the exact same
version of metacity in the 64 bit version requires '<Control>' but will
not accept '<Ctrl>' in the keybindings. The 32 bit version of metacity
accepts either. So when I moved the config file it was binding the
wrong keys.

Nataraj