Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 AM
jiten jha

Default named service fail

Dear Friends,

when i am going to restart or stop named service then it* prompt* me "rndc: connect failed connection refused error"

.
I search on google but not getting any good answer. So please help me to solve this problem ASPS.
--
Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Yieo Pompernickle

* jiten jha (2010-12-08 13:24):

> Dear Friends,
> when i am going to restart or stop named service then it prompt me
> "rndc: connect failed connection refused error" .
> I search on google but not getting any good answer. So please help me
> to solve this problem ASPS.

What does your /var/log/daemon.log say when you try to restart named?

--
Yieo Pompernickle
yieo@online.no

Old 12-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Jonathan Matthews

On 8 December 2010 12:24, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> when i am going to restart or stop named service then it* prompt* me "rndc:
> connect failed connection refused error" .
> I search on google but not getting any good answer. So please help me to
> solve this problem ASPS.

ASPS? Aspergers Syndrome? Whatever. It's not this list's job to fix
your problems "ASAP", especially with such vague information as you
provided. Reading http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
will give you a clue about how to get results from people who
voluntarily give up their time, such as the readers of this list.

As for your problem: I don't believe you searched at all.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ubuntu+%22rndc%3A+connect+failed+connection+ref used+error%22

The first link describes a variety of things you can try.

Jonathan