Old 12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Dave Howorth

Default oowriter DOCTYPE validation warning

This concerns OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 OOO320m12 (Build:9843)

ooo-build 3.2.0.10, Debian 1:3.2.0-7ubuntu4.1

I just created a small document in oowriter, exported it as xhtml and
uploaded it to http://validator.w3.org/check

It passed validation but with one warning:

Warning Mismatch between Public and System identifiers in the DOCTYPE
declaration

This document uses an inconsistent DOCTYPE declaration. The Public
Identifier -//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN declares the XHTML
1.1 plus MathML 2.0 document type, but the associated System Identifier
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd does not match this
document type.

The recommended System Identifier for XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 is
http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd.

The safest way to use a correct DOCTYPE declaration is to copy and paste
one from the recommended list and avoid editing that part of your markup
by hand

Does anybody know whether this bug has been reported?

I went to <http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Search> and searched for
DOCTYPE. There are 254 results listed in apparently random order and
going back 8 years with no way to order by or filter by date.

I'm not an ooo guru, so any pointers on how to clarify whether I need to

Thanks, Dave

Old 12-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Tony Pursell

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 11:46 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> This concerns OpenOffice.org 3.2.0 OOO320m12 (Build:9843)
>
> ooo-build 3.2.0.10, Debian 1:3.2.0-7ubuntu4.1
>
> I just created a small document in oowriter, exported it as xhtml and
> uploaded it to http://validator.w3.org/check
>
> It passed validation but with one warning:
>
> Warning Mismatch between Public and System identifiers in the DOCTYPE
> declaration
>
> This document uses an inconsistent DOCTYPE declaration. The Public
> Identifier -//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN declares the XHTML
> 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 document type, but the associated System Identifier
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/dtd/xhtml-math11-f.dtd does not match this
> document type.
>
> The recommended System Identifier for XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0 is
> http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd.
>
> The safest way to use a correct DOCTYPE declaration is to copy and paste
> one from the recommended list and avoid editing that part of your markup
> by hand
>

> Does anybody know whether this bug has been reported?
>
> I went to <http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Search> and searched for
> DOCTYPE. There are 254 results listed in apparently random order and
> going back 8 years with no way to order by or filter by date.
>
> I'm not an ooo guru, so any pointers on how to clarify whether I need to
>
> Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave

Here is where you can start in reporting OOo bugs

http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/ooQA-ReportBugs.html

There is a link there to search to see if the issue has already been
reported. If it has not, use the link to register yourself and then use
the Issue Tracker link to report the bug.

Tony

Old 12-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Dave Howorth

Tony Pursell wrote:
> Here is where you can start in reporting OOo bugs
>
> http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/ooQA-ReportBugs.html
>
> There is a link there to search to see if the issue has already been
> reported. If it has not, use the link to register yourself and then use
> the Issue Tracker link to report the bug.

Many thanks. That's one complicated form But at least it's specific
enough. I couldn't find an existing report so I've filed it as

[Issue 116019] DOCTYPE validation warning

Cheers, Dave

Old 12-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Tony Pursell

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 16:49 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Tony Pursell wrote:
> > Here is where you can start in reporting OOo bugs
> >
> > http://qa.openoffice.org/ooQAReloaded/ooQA-ReportBugs.html
> >
> > There is a link there to search to see if the issue has already been
> > reported. If it has not, use the link to register yourself and then use
> > the Issue Tracker link to report the bug.
>
> Many thanks. That's one complicated form But at least it's specific
> enough. I couldn't find an existing report so I've filed it as
>
> [Issue 116019] DOCTYPE validation warning
>
> Cheers, Dave

You should add all the details from your original email as a comment to
this bug.

Tony