Old 12-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Ric Moore

Default Jousting? Really?

On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 16:00 +0200, Ian Coetzee wrote:
> <Snip>

> > As one who is old (but not an *expletive deleted*) I think the real
> > information on this list is too often obscured by the flames. Often
> > it's much easier to glean info and help from
> > <https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu>.
>
> Untrue, one just needs to filter out the flames. It helps immensely to
> see the funny side of the flaming.
>
> I have in fact learned a lot from using that approach.

Reminds me of Pulp Fiction...
"Jules: There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of
the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish
and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity
and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I
am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

THAT is what pops into my mind when I read the flames... the mindset.
What we're about is the "shepherds the weak through the valley of the
darkness" bit. It's just that we disagree on the path at times!

<chuckles> Ric

Linux user# 44256