Old 12-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Tom Browder

Default Login failure after latest update for: 10.04.1 LTS (64-bit; nvidia)

After an upgrade today I get the good GUI login screen, login, screen
goes black, flashes a little, NVIDIA logo shows, system thinks a
while, then I get kicked back to the login screen.

I have tried recovery mode, run nvidia-xconfig, and rebooted.

My xorg log and other system logs show no problems that I can tell.

My ~/.xsession-errors file shows:

/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=C.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Setting IM through im-switch for locale=C.
Start IM through /etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/all_ALL linked to
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/default.

I'm going to try to undo the update if I can, but in the meantime any
help would be much appreciated!

-Tom

Thomas M. Browder, Jr.
Niceville, Florida