Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Colin Law

Default installing in Windows 7 Pro or XP Pro

On 6 December 2010 17:12, WILLIAM MILLER <openstat@msn.com> wrote:
> When I attempt to install Ubuntu in Windows using either XP Pro or Windows 7
> Pro I get an error.* Even the log message it supposedly writes is missing.
> If I examine the C: directory, some of the files have been placed in a
> Ubuntu file but the installation never reaches the point of creating the
> grub loader.* Any suggestions?

There are a number of methods of installing in association with
windows. What method are you trying to use?

Colin

Old 12-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Eric KOM

On 12/6/2010 9:56 PM, Boggess Rod wrote:
> When I attempt to install Ubuntu in Windows using either XP Pro or
> Windows 7 Pro I get an error. Even the log message it supposedly writes
> is missing. If I examine the C: directory, some of the files have been
> placed in a Ubuntu file but the installation never reaches the point of
> creating the grub loader. Any suggestions?

Hi
Which File System are you using to install Windows, FAT or NTFS?
Because if my I am still remember, Grub can't support system installed
on NTFS.
> Where is it at in the install when it dies?
Let us Know if somethings change.