Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 AM
"Robert P. J. Day"

Default can i switch using "alternatives" my java in one fell swoop?

if i install both sun's java and openjdk, is there a script or
recipe i can use to switch *all* of the java-related commands from one
package to the other?

if i run

$ sudo update-alternatives --config java

that will let me switch (using symlinks) only which "java" is being
used, but it does nothing about all the *other* java-related commands
(javac, javadoc, jps, etc, etc.)

is it simply a case of having to manually make all those changes?

rday

http://crashcourse.ca

Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday

Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Markus Schönhaber

06.12.2010 09:23, Robert P. J. Day:

> if i install both sun's java and openjdk, is there a script or
> recipe i can use to switch *all* of the java-related commands from one
> package to the other?
>
> if i run
>
> $ sudo update-alternatives --config java
>
> that will let me switch (using symlinks) only which "java" is being
> used, but it does nothing about all the *other* java-related commands
> (javac, javadoc, jps, etc, etc.)
>
> is it simply a case of having to manually make all those changes?

sudo update-java-alternatives

--
Regards
mks

Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM
"Robert P. J. Day"

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> 06.12.2010 09:23, Robert P. J. Day:
>
> > if i install both sun's java and openjdk, is there a script or
> > recipe i can use to switch *all* of the java-related commands from one
> > package to the other?
> >
> > if i run
> >
> > $ sudo update-alternatives --config java
> >
> > that will let me switch (using symlinks) only which "java" is being
> > used, but it does nothing about all the *other* java-related commands
> > (javac, javadoc, jps, etc, etc.)
> >
> > is it simply a case of having to manually make all those changes?
>
> sudo update-java-alternatives

thanks, i figured it was something that simple.

rday