Old 12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Amichai Rotman

Default Fn Keys on an Asus 1005PG and UNR Lucid

Hi all,
I followed the*instructions to enable the Fn keys on my Asus EeePC 1005PG.
I added acpi and osi=Linux to the /etc/default/grub file.

It *worked for a while, but when I was trying to figure*out for sure if I do or I don't have a Bluetooth adapter, I played the acpi-support package and now only the Brightness Fn keys work (Fn+F5 and Fn+F6).

I tried to re-run update grub and even re-install the system (formating only my root (/) partition - no cigar...
I am deducing it has to do with some setting in my $HOME directory I have to delete. Haven't tried renaming my $HOME directory yet.

I'd also like to make ALL the Fn keys work, especially the Fn+F3 to*toggle*the Touchpad state.
I found out I have to put the right scancode value for the key in the /etc/acpi/events/asus-touchpad.

I can't find a way to get the scancode. showkey does not detect the Fn key at all or the Fn+F3....
Any ideas?
Googling got me nowhere...

Thanks!
--