Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 AM
"Bob H."

Default Monitor Resolution 10.10

Just upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10 and now my monitor res is stuck at the highest level. 1440x900. Monitor preferences just locks up. Any ideas. Thanks for any help. Bob H.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 AM
Ric Moore

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 22:39 -0500, Bob H. wrote:
> Just upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10 and now my monitor res is stuck at
> the highest level. 1440x900. Monitor preferences just locks up. Any
> ideas. Thanks for any help. Bob H.

What video card do you have installed? That would be helpful. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Luis Paulo

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 03:39, Bob H. <hickster711@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10 and now my monitor res is stuck at the
> highest level. 1440x900. Monitor preferences just locks up. Any ideas.
> Thanks for any help. Bob H.

Hi,

What you mean by " Monitor preferences just locks up"? It doesn't
gives you more resolution options or you mean something else?

Also, are you using an HDMI or DVI cable? I remember my last 19"
samsung monitor behaving like that (only 1440x900 res). That didn't
happen with the VGA cable.

What video driver are you using may also be helpful.

Finally, I'm guessing 1440x900 is the "natural"/"physical" resolution
for your monitor. If so, why not use it?

Regards
Luis