Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 PM
Jim Byrnes

Default Problems verify non OSS irtualbox package

stan wrote:
> I have several machines that I am using the non OSS version of Virtual Box
> on I have added the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list on all of the:
>
> deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian maverick non-free
>

> I have downlaoed oracle_vbox.asc, and added this key. Yet on this one
> machine, I get the folowing wehn I run apt-get updtae:
>

> W: Failed to fetch
> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/dists/lucid/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> What can I d to fix this?

I haven't tried the non-free version yet so it may be nothing. In your
sources list line you say maverick non-free but in the error message it
says /lucid/non-free. Maybe there is a mis-match on this one machine.

Regards, Jim

Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 PM
NoOp

On 12/04/2010 02:17 PM, stan wrote:
> I have several machines that I am using the non OSS version of Virtual Box
> on I have added the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list on all of the:
>
> deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian maverick non-free
>

> I have downlaoed oracle_vbox.asc, and added this key. Yet on this one
> machine, I get the folowing wehn I run apt-get updtae:
>

> W: Failed to fetch
> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/dists/lucid/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2
> Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)
>
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> What can I d to fix this?

I suspect that you'll need to wait until Oracle fix their servers...
I get the same (lucid & maverick). In the meantime, if you need to you
can download directly:

<http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/pool/non-free/v/virtualbox-3.2/>