-   -   Adobe Flash Player in 64-bit 10.04, is this still a problem? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/460900-adobe-flash-player-64-bit-10-04-still-problem.html)

Kaj Haulrich 12-03-2010 06:47 PM

On 2010-12-03 20:16, Chris G wrote:
> I'm running xubuntu 10.04 64-bit and I can't get Adobe Flash Player to
> work, it's supposedly installed but sites which use Flash just say I
> need to install Flash Player or that it needs an update.
>
> I know there used to be a problem with Flash Player on 64-bit systems
> but surely it's fixed by now.
>
> So, have I done something wrong and/or can someone point me at a step by
> step description of how to get it to work. Alternatively do any of the
> alternative Flash players work well with 64-bit?

Strange. It works flawlessly on my 64-bit Kubuntu. Have you tried:

sudo apt-get intall flashplugin-installer

My version says: 10.1.102.65ubuntu0.10.10.1

Kaj Haulrich.
--
--- Sent from a 100% Microsoft-free computer---
--------- Running Linux Kubuntu 10.10 ---------

Lucio M Nicolosi 12-03-2010 07:58 PM

2010/12/3 Chris G <cl@isbd.net>:
> I'm running xubuntu 10.04 64-bit and I can't get Adobe Flash Player to
> work, it's supposedly installed but sites which use Flash just say I
> need to install Flash Player or that it needs an update.
>
> I know there used to be a problem with Flash Player on 64-bit systems
> but surely it's fixed by now.
>
> So, have I done something wrong and/or can someone point me at a step by
> step description of how to get it to work. *Alternatively do any of the
> alternative Flash players work well with 64-bit?

You can download Adobe Flash 64 (beta) from:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

(preview release that enables native 64-bit support on Linux)

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Ubuntu AMD64

Chris G 12-05-2010 02:15 PM

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 08:47:30PM +0100, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On 2010-12-03 20:16, Chris G wrote:
> > I'm running xubuntu 10.04 64-bit and I can't get Adobe Flash Player to
> > work, it's supposedly installed but sites which use Flash just say I
> > need to install Flash Player or that it needs an update.
> >
> > I know there used to be a problem with Flash Player on 64-bit systems
> > but surely it's fixed by now.
> >
> > So, have I done something wrong and/or can someone point me at a step by
> > step description of how to get it to work. Alternatively do any of the
> > alternative Flash players work well with 64-bit?
> >
> Strange. It works flawlessly on my 64-bit Kubuntu. Have you tried:
>
> sudo apt-get intall flashplugin-installer
>
> My version says: 10.1.102.65ubuntu0.10.10.1

That's exactly what I have installed. Doesn't work for me though.

--
Chris Green

Chris G 12-05-2010 02:15 PM

On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 06:58:15PM -0200, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> 2010/12/3 Chris G <cl@isbd.net>:
> > I'm running xubuntu 10.04 64-bit and I can't get Adobe Flash Player to
> > work, it's supposedly installed but sites which use Flash just say I
> > need to install Flash Player or that it needs an update.
> >
> > I know there used to be a problem with Flash Player on 64-bit systems
> > but surely it's fixed by now.
> >
> > So, have I done something wrong and/or can someone point me at a step by
> > step description of how to get it to work. *Alternatively do any of the
> > alternative Flash players work well with 64-bit?
>
> You can download Adobe Flash 64 (beta) from:
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/
>
> (preview release that enables native 64-bit support on Linux)

Yes, I tried that too and got nowhere.

--
Chris Green

Lucio M Nicolosi 12-05-2010 05:48 PM

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 06:58:15PM -0200, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>> 2010/12/3 Chris G <cl@isbd.net>:
>> > I'm running xubuntu 10.04 64-bit and I can't get Adobe Flash Player to
>> > work, it's supposedly installed but sites which use Flash just say I
>> > need to install Flash Player or that it needs an update.
>> >
>> > I know there used to be a problem with Flash Player on 64-bit systems
>> > but surely it's fixed by now.
>> >
>> > So, have I done something wrong and/or can someone point me at a step by
>> > step description of how to get it to work. *Alternatively do any of the
>> > alternative Flash players work well with 64-bit?
>>
>> You can download Adobe Flash 64 (beta) from:
>>
>> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/
>>
>> (preview release that enables native 64-bit support on Linux)
>>
> Yes, I tried that too and got nowhere.
> --
> Chris Green

Have you removed all previous Flash installs before trying?

L.