Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Bond

Default problem in using yahoo mail with Firefox on Ubuntu

I am not sure if some one else has same issue but I am quite sure that
there is some problem.
I have a Yahoo mail account if I open it in Internet Explorer on
Windows it works very well.
But when I open in Firefox or some other browser then when I click on
a message to select it (not to open)
I automatically get a new message popped up which is nothing but the
message where I clicked in my Yahoo mail.
And I am immediately taken to this message in my mail box even though
I do not want to read it just select it may be I am trying to move it
to a different folder this is very irritating.
Is it with me only or some one else has also same issue?

--
James Bond

Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Colin Law

On 3 December 2010 09:54, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if some one else has same issue but I am quite sure that
> there is some problem.
> I have a Yahoo mail account if I open it in Internet Explorer on
> Windows it works very well.
> But when I open in Firefox or some other browser then when I click on
> a message to select it (not to open)

Is that firefox on windows or on Ubuntu? If the problem occurs with
FF on Windows then it is not an Ubuntu issue.

Colin

Old 12-04-2010, 03:34 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 10:17 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> On 3 December 2010 09:54, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am not sure if some one else has same issue but I am quite sure that
> > there is some problem.
> > I have a Yahoo mail account if I open it in Internet Explorer on
> > Windows it works very well.
> > But when I open in Firefox or some other browser then when I click on
> > a message to select it (not to open)
>
> Is that firefox on windows or on Ubuntu? If the problem occurs with
> FF on Windows then it is not an Ubuntu issue.

Maybe it was stirred and not shaken? Myself, yahoo has never set well
with me. Gmail hasn't exhibited any problems using the net interface,
although I use pop mostly with evolution. Ric

Linux user# 44256

Old 12-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Bond

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 3 December 2010 09:54, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am not sure if some one else has same issue but I am quite sure that
>> there is some problem.
>> I have a Yahoo mail account if I open it in Internet Explorer on
>> Windows it works very well.
>> But when I open in Firefox or some other browser then when I click on
>> a message to select it (not to open)
>
> Is that firefox on windows or on Ubuntu? *If the problem occurs with
> FF on Windows then it is not an Ubuntu issue.

It happened on lucid.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Jordon Bedwell

On 12/5/2010 1:49 AM, Bond wrote:
> It happened on lucid.

More than likely you'll have to take up the issue with Yahoo design team.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html?from_url=&last_url=Array

Unless of course you can find that it is an issue with Ubuntu's version
of Firefox explicitly.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 AM
David Fletcher

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 05:26 -0600, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 12/5/2010 1:49 AM, Bond wrote:
> > It happened on lucid.
>
> More than likely you'll have to take up the issue with Yahoo design team.
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html?from_url=&last_url=Array
>
> Unless of course you can find that it is an issue with Ubuntu's version
> of Firefox explicitly.

Just a suggestion - I have a very computer illiterate friend who has
trouble connecting to Yahoo mail with Internet Explorer. I'm trying to
persuade her to get a new computer and use Linux on it.

The easiest way I found for her to connect was to configure Evolution on
my laptop to connect to her Yahoo account using IMAP. All she needed to
do then was switch on the computer, log in and start up Evolution which
connects automatically. She was unable to argue that that is in any way
difficult.

Dave

Old 12-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Bond

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:19 PM, David Fletcher <dave@thefletchers.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 05:26 -0600, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>> On 12/5/2010 1:49 AM, Bond wrote:
>> > It happened on lucid.
>>
>> More than likely you'll have to take up the issue with Yahoo design team.
>> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/help_f.html?from_url=&last_url=Array
>>
>> Unless of course you can find that it is an issue with Ubuntu's version
>> of Firefox explicitly.
>>

> Just a suggestion - I have a very computer illiterate friend who has
> trouble connecting to Yahoo mail with Internet Explorer. I'm trying to
> persuade her to get a new computer and use Linux on it.
>
> The easiest way I found for her to connect was to configure Evolution on
> my laptop to connect to her Yahoo account using IMAP. All she needed to
> do then was switch on the computer, log in and start up Evolution which
> connects automatically. She was unable to argue that that is in any way
> difficult.

No it is not possible in this case.Here you have assumed the person
would be using the computer only at one place.
Which is not the case with me.I have to go to office where I do not
have the office email account (yes thats correct)
and I can not use such a thing all the time.So as that I say my sys
admin to configure some sort of proxy for me to be able
to use Yahoo,Gmail or Rediff just because evolution exists that
doesn't mean that it will be done by my sysadmin.
Above some suggestion to take it to Yahoo design team is some thing I
feel correct I just wanted to confirm if some one else has also faced
similar thing.

--
James Bond